Thursday, April 15, 2010

painnnnnnn

I've never really understood the concept of painkillers and why people are addicted to them, but I'm kinda getting it now. I've been dealing with back pain issues on and off since I was a teenager, and my 2010 started off with a fresh round of pain. Just when I thought it was going away, I stupidly partook in flag football drills, and voila, the back pain came back with a ROAR. And not in my back, but all the way down my leg. My self-diagnosis of a herniated disc/pinched nerve was all but confirmed by my chiropractor and physical therapist, and well, $125 worth of co-pay per week for the next few weeks means no more JCrew/Anthro shopping for me. UGHHHHH! So not only do I feel like a lame bum who is clearly ONLY 26 years old on paper, but I'm not even gonna look as cute. GAH. Peeps, it's important to take care of yourself and your body. I neglect mine all too much. And yeah, I might be complaining about the exorbitant amount of money I have to spend on taking care of my body (WHEN OH WHEN DOES THE REFORMED HEALTH CARE BILL KICK IN!), but it's probably going to be the best thing I do for myself, even better than the cute dress and flats I could've bought at Urban. (But barely....)

Take care of yourselves! Listen to your body! Don't play football if you really don't feel like you should! Yeah, I'm just full of great advice. And no, as much as I would love some, I'm not addicted to painkillers. I just like my little orange Motrin pills, taken as directed on the box. If you do have a percocet or 2 lying around though, call me. ;)

No comments: