Friday, January 19, 2007

the first post.


Part of my New Year's Resolutions for 2007 (none of which I am actually actively working to keep) is to read and write more. At least 15 minutes a day. Sounds easy enough. We'll see how this goes. I know I'm 19 days in already, but it's better late than never, right? Hopefully this will improve my writing and get the creative juices flowing so that I may make a living doing it someday. A la Carrie Bradshaw, except without all the sex talk.

I'm just a girl with big dreams and no real motivation. So, here's to a new year of baby steps and little dreams, productivity and spontanaiety, less ruminations on drama and more acting upon the things that do matter.


current reading: The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold. (I'm re-reading it, cause I just finished her memoir, Lucky, which I found profoundly moving and disturbing at the same time, and I want to compare the two.)

current tv: The Office, 3x13- The Return. (Jim still has feelings for Pam! I totally sqeeeeed when he admitted that. My JAM heart is very full right now.)

current obsession: Triscuits. (My favorite Nabisco snack after Cheez-its. But you can't eat a whole box of Cheez-its and still feel good about yourself. The Triscuits are low fat. And really good and filling. Win-win-win.)

No comments: